I know you're all like, "What but it's been 6 months you could totally be dead where in the world did you go?" Not like anyone would say that really, since no one really reads this blog but hey.
I've gotten a new job in an industry that I love, but it requires sligtly longer hours and is further from my place so I get home much later now. Adding to that, my husband got himself a new job as well with way better work-life balance so I don't have the same amount of alone time I used to have.
Anyways, excuses aside, I'm not going to be doing a review per se, but more of speed one-liner updates on some of the beauty items I've acquired recently (hahaha ok, not that recent if it was 6 months' worth). I may do more in-depth reviews, but I shan't promise anything in case it's radio silence for another 6 months again. :D
So be ready because there are absolutely no pictures.
- Majolica Majorca Line Hunter: Wow, this shit is amazeballs. Blows all pen liners out of the water.
- Urban Decay Naked Palette 3: NAKED 3! Rose gold colours! Nuff' said.
- Soap & Glory Beauty Sleep Accelerator: Helps to prevent dry flakes around my mouth and nose. Smells delicious.
- Too Faced La Creme Lipstick in Honey Bear: So smooth, moisturising and such a gorgeous nude colour with slight shimmer. Has a slight shea/cocoa smell which may put some people off though.
- Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Exposed: The colour doesn't look much in the pan (some muddy brown) but it's a beautiful dusky rose on the cheeks, and it lasts a really long time in this humid weather.
- Benefit Zing Brows: YES to convenient flat packaging, good quality wax and natural-looking brow powder.
- Rachel K Mineral Colour Control CC Cream in Neutral: This has completely overtaken my previous favourite Etude House CC Cream - it has a matte finish and covers light blemishes well.
- POPBeauty Peak Performance Mascara: You gotta get used to it but it coats lashes so evenly and smoothly with the product, there are virtually no clumps!
- Daiso Detergent for Puff and Sponge: This $2 beauty miracle cleans your makeup brushes so well, you might as well just throw away all those expensive specialised brush cleaners, like right now. I'm serious. I've stocked up about 5 more bottles because these babies run out so quickly at Daiso.
AWESOME (just mildly short of Holy Grail)
- Too Faced La Creme Lipstick in Coral Fire: Really smooth, colour goes on opaque in just one coat, but it doesn't feel as moisturising as Honey Bear, to be honest.
- Beautymaker BB Mineral Concealing Cream: This is a tiny tube of goodness, and I use it more as a concealer than a BB cream but its thickness covers dark circles effectively.
- Sigma Highlighting Pencil: The shimmer end is perfect for the brow bone and the cupid's bow as well.
- Korres Mandarin Lip Butter in Peach: Expected too much from this - it isn't half bad but for its price, it isn't all that great either. Colour is too subtle and it has an overwhelmingly sweet scent.
- Sephora Waterproof Universal Lip Liner: Well, it's cheap so I can't complain but it doesn't exactly keep the lip colour within the lines. It makes you feel like there's no lip liner worn at all.
- Tarte Naracuja Creaseless Concealer: GODDAMIT why did they make it almost impossible to squeeze the product out of the damn tube?
- Hada Labo Moist Eye Cream: Doesn't feel like my eyes are being hydrated - still have dry inner eyes where my shadow primer clings to.
- VMV Hypoallergenics Ooh-La-Lash Mascara: Why does this smell like peanuts? WHY?
- Philosophy The Microdelivery Exfoliating Facial Wash: This was expensive, but I didn't feel like it sloughed off dead skin as well as my cheap St. Ives Apricot Scrub did. Sigh.
- La Roche-Posay Anthelios AC SPF30 Matte Extreme Fluid Sunscreen: Oh god it smells, and has this weird, chalky, powdery texture. Ewch. Going back to Uriage Hyseac Fluide SPF50+ because I have learnt a very important lesson - why fix what isn't broken?
WTF GIMME MY MONEY BACK
- Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner in Brown: So I did like this eyeliner in black but how can the same eyeliner in brown have such a vastly inferior performance? The colour payoff is weak, and it dries up SO quickly. It was almost darn impossible to draw an opaque line after just using it twice.
- Sephora Smart Liner: Bought this on a whim - have not tried it so can't say for sure if its curved design helps create winged eyeliner easily.
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Perversion: Heard this is the blackest black (well, it was but I think there's an even blacker black than this blackest black. UD, why you messing with our heads?), and is really smooth but have not tried it yet. Not impressed with the other 24/7 pencils I have though.
- Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner in Black: Is this going to usurp the Majolica Majorca Line Hunter? IS IT?
- Stila Perfecting Concealer: Too many concealers - will only get to try this after my arsenal of concealers are used up.
- Tarte Lights, Cameras & Splashes Waterproof Mascara: I hope this does stay waterproof when it comes to crunchtime (i.e. while cable skiing hahaha).
- Anatomicals Regenerating Eye Cream: Aside from the adorable tagline ("eye cream, you scream, we all scream for eye cream"), I hope this does a better job than the Hada Labo's.
- Rachel K Youth Eye Complex Eye Cream: If it performs anything like the CC Cream, I will officially be a Rachel K fan.
- Soap & Glory Wish Upon a Jar: I sure hope it's everything that the online reviews are making it out to be.
- Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder: I've had this for a while now, but haven't broken it out to use yet since my e.l.f. Studio High Definition Powder is lasting me forever.
- Mario Badescu Silver Powder: Saw great reviews - have high hopes for this one!
- Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Bright Transformer: Why did I get this when Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser was a disappointment? Because I'm a sucker that's why.
- Maybelline Hyper Sharp Liner: Well, it was cheap but I definitely don't expect to be wowed by this as I did for Majolica Majorca Line Hunter.
- Barry M Flawless Matte Finish Foundation: Got this a while back too, but with my two bottles of FACE atelier which are lasting forever (I'm only still 1/3 into my first bottle), I have no idea when I'll be able to start on this.
- Sigma Spa Brush Cleaning Glove: You expensive little bastard - I can't believe I'm actually excited to wash my makeup brushes this month!
Wow, will you look at the time. That took longer than I expected.
So I hope this quick update will help in you making your decisions if say, you're looking to purchase any of the above.
I'll be here again when I am. :)